by admin on July 20, 2009
We got 50 km short of making it to the rally, my Lambretta broke down near Simco just east of Tillsonburg. Experienced a heat sieze on the highway.
We met a couple of scooterist that helped me trailer it back (Thanks Rob/Rachel!). After taking apart the lambretta on the Saturday, we found :
- both piston rings fuzed into the metal (no compression)
- 1 air intake manifold nut missing (running lean)
- 1 exhaust nut missing (nuts)
- 1 flyweel rivit found inside the dust cover that came off somehow (?)
- Chipped stater pick-up, from the dancing rivit (crap)
- missing TS1 kit (just kidding)
In short we spent time trying to get it going, but it would not be safe. So believe it or not there was a uhaul in Tillsonburg that we were able to bring the scoot back. Regardless… had a great time at the rally… I’ll post some more pics/videos when I get a chance. Right now we have an engine rebuild to take care of.
Thanks to everyone who helped out in my time of need!
Enjoy the videos.